Friday, October 20, 2006

Updating for the sake of it...

This is an update of my life... Nothing is happening and everything is happening. There's no need for specifics here though. Well, maybe some vague ones. Are there such things as vague specifics?

When I was 14 I met a boy and we started dating. He was 17 and lived far away, so we had a relationship over the phone. We broke up, because long distance relationships are usually pointless, and when you're 14 they are definitely pointless. But we really did remain friends. He's one of the best friends I've ever had.

When I went away to college and got busy meeting people and making friends, our calls got less frequent and eventually stopped, partially due to his new fiance. We didn't talk for two years, and I never knew how his wedding turned out, or if he even got married at all. Every once in awhile I would think of him, but I never really thought we'd reconnect.

Last week, he found me on myspace. We emailed back and forth a few times. We got to talk on the phone Wednesday, and he recounted the story of his failed marriage. It was absolutely one of the saddest things I've ever heard from one of my close friends.

But he's so hopeful and he was so apolegetic to me, when that was completely unecessary. And all through this sadness of listening to him, I couldn't help but be glad. I'm glad he found me, and that we could pick back up from where we left off in our friendship. I'm glad I have him back again... I just hate the circumstances.

No comments: