Friday, September 09, 2005

Today after my amazingly short day of classes ended I went to the library and picked up Welcome to Mooseport. I chose this script because my script is going to be a comedy so I wanted an example of one that I knew would make me laugh. I had already seen this movie, which I enjoyed, so it was kind of cool to compare the script to the film.

My favorite part of the script is the world of Mooseport that the writer created. Characters like the nude jogger, the old ladies at the Hardware store, and the councilman who steals the President's portrait with Julia Roberts--they make this old town loveable and believable. Quirky characters are what make a film fun and the protagonist's life more interesting to me.

I like how the story flowed. It didn't cover a huge span of time, but that made it less intense and more fun. The portrayal of the media also made me laugh, and the comedic insight into the life of the new president. Overall, I really like this script. It made me laugh a lot.

No comments: