Monday, September 12, 2005


Okay so my top ten favorite books are (in no particular order):

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
3. There's a Girl in my Hammerlock by Jerry Spinelli
4. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
5. The Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot
6. The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
7. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Anne Brashares
8. The Cider House Rules by John Irving
9. Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster
10. An Acquaintance With Darkness by Ann Rinaldi

A lot of my favorites are series. I'm a sucker for in-depth characters and long, long stories. These books have been my friends and comfort in all different areas of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pride and Prejudice has my heart. Jane Austen has converted me to her teachings. Amazing. Emma and Persuasion are just as good and often overlooked.

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”- Jane Austen