Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Since the craziness is winding down... maybe I'll post

One more exam and I'll be halfway done with my undergrad. Its a sigh of relief right now, because the past two weeks have been crazy, and really beautiful. And two of my favorite people are living their last week in the dorm, I'll miss my Kristi and my Nichole, but I'm super excited for both of you.

This year I've learned that most days, I don't want to be here. That sounds really bad, because Huntington truly is a beautiful place for me, with amazing friends. But as I sit in classes teaching me how to write and teaching me how to minister, I get this incredible, most anxious urge to actually write and to actually minister.

Which leads me to the only reason I'm excited to leave my comfortable dorm room on my safe campus for the summer. I get to do what I've been anxious for, I get to hang out with students all summer and I cannot describe to you how excited I am to actually be working in the church. Something that really has been four years in the making, I've felt God pulling me in that direction since I was 16. I'm scared and excited. And scared, and so blessed to be weening myself into it by working at my home church with students I already, for the most part, have some sort of a relationship with. People have been encouraging me in every possible way this spring. And I have to say that Dr. Bergler is going to be the best internship mentor ever. I wish he was my real advisor... because then at least I would have one who wasn't trying to fail me in practicum. *Sigh* I promise, I'm over it.... starting May 15, I've got a real, go to the office, love on kids internship. Words cannot describe my delight--God is just so good.

Oh, and I'm currently mad at the Gilmore Girls. We're feuding right now, and I'm not sure if we are going to make amends. My one comfort in life, though it sounds pathetic, is that on Tuesday nights, after I get home from Emmaus (my young adult small group at church), Rory and Lorelai are in my vcr, ready to make me happy. And now Lorelai is a whore and I am mad at her. But next September, all will be better, and hopefully the show will get funny again. Depressed Lorelai isn't that quick-witted. I miss it.

No comments: