Friday, June 02, 2006

Saturday in my pajamas

Okay, so I haven't changed out of my tank top in shorts I slept in, but its my day off and being a bum is what I love to do. Though my appearance does not warrant it, I did get a lot done today.

My mommy turned 47 today and my sisters and I decided to get her framed portraits of us taken... well at least I took them. What good is a $200 camera anyway, if I can't use on for someone I love. We framed four pictures, one 5x7 of each of us girls and an 8x10 of the three of us together. We took them at Butler on Monday when we visited Katie. And today while my parents went out on a date Lauren and I mounted them in their bedroom. This, unfortunately required some spackling and touch-up painted when Lauren made some unecessary holes in the wall. She was adorable, she kept calling herselp Bob Villa.

Lauren also made her a cookie cake as a surprise. I'm excited, birthdays are my favorite thing, except my own of course. We also tried to finish mulching the huge new flower garden in our backyard, but we ran out of landscaping fabric and a trip to Wal-Mart is apparently required to get the job finished. Does a day ever go by where I don't have to go to Wal-Mart, I've hardly been free of that place for a day since I've been home.

Lauren went and got us dinner, baked spaghetti from Pizza Hut, and we watched In her Shoes, which came this week from Netflix. I like my day off, its good to me.

No comments: