Thursday, October 26, 2006

busyness is the devil

Today was a day from my old life. At least, it feels that way. I've been on the go since 8 this morning. Aerobics, make-up quiz w/ Dr. Brautigam, Chapel, Teaching for Char. Trans., Lunch with communications perspectives, Interview for a story at Coffe D, H-tonian staff meeting...all of these events directly succeeded the other, give or take a few minutes for travel.

This is a huge day for me right now. Usually, I have full hours in the afternoon to sit on my bed, watch a movie, take a nap, do homework, or dig into God's word for enjoyment--whatever I feel like, I do. But last semester, this would have been a normal day in my life. Which got me thinking, especially after chapel this morning...

I have successfully cut out the unnecessary from my life. The extra work that I did to get that extra degree that had started to isolate me from others, and my real self. I got rid of it, and its all behind me. I will not have another day like this one this semester. It was a fluke day that drove me crazy. It used to be that my whole life was this busy, and every day drove me crazy.

But now life is simple, and God is good.

By the way, my little sister is here, making everyone laugh as usual.

No comments: