Saturday, August 29, 2009

And we all shine on...

I love my back porch. I'm going to move out here and sleep on my grandma's glider and never leave. Do you think Kelli will bring me my meals, magazines and books to read and go to work as me so that I don't lose my job? No? Oh well, I will just have to enjoy the time that I do have out here. I'm trying to listen to a Quickmix on Pandora, and I will just say that today, its a little disappointing. But wait... The Kinks just came on... I take back what I said about you, Pandora.

Last night I drove practically to Frankfort (home of the hotdogs and my newspaper friend Austan Kas) to pick up Michelle. And on the way up there I finally finished listening to all of the songs on my ipod. Is it sad that I felt pretty accomplished about this. Also, I have a lot of crap on there, like "Love Lifts Us Up Where We Belong," that I don't ever remember downloading. I think that my red ipod has a mind of its own, and a tendency toward sappy 80's songs.

But I picked Shelle up at a gas station and got to see Sam for five seconds (I heart Sam) before we drove back to Spencer. Fun, fun. Actually, it was a pretty good night because I got to meet Barb's GIGANTIC pumpkins. And she made Robbie and I some hummus that was amazing. It was my lunch today. And probably tomorrow, and the next day. And now, I can make my own hummus.

Plus, Barb, who said she wants to be referred to as "the quirky Dentist," gave me a beautiful gourd and I am going to try to learn how to make it into a birdhouse. We'll see. Robbie has one too and we are going to have a craft time I guess, even though my craft year is well over.

Ooh, John Lennon is on. I will finish out with his genius....

Instant karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Everyone you meet
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear
Why on earth are you there
When you're everywhere
Come and get your share



And we all shine on... :)

No comments: