Sunday, September 18, 2005

I cannot believe the amount of work that I have had to do this week. Its just a constant flow of homework with no time for myself. My brain is being suffocated with information and ideas. All of my ministry class intertwine to where I just don't know what I'm supposed to be learning for each class. I haven't gotten to read a script yet or work on my character sheets. But they'll get done. I'm praying that they'll be done well.

I got so mad at the media this week. Did you know that 200 people were killed in Iraq last week? In the war that is supposedly suppost to be over. 200. Who heard about it? Was it the lead story in every paper across the nation, no. That's okay, because the Ipod Nano came out and Britney Spear's had her baby. Yay for the world.

In '94, 109 and nine people died in the Oklahoma city bombing, and the media ate it up. We practically were spoon fed every victim's life story and family background, and the lifestory of every victim's great-grandmother. The point is, we were beyond informed about this story. And 200 people died last week and no one knows. Sometimes I hate my journalism major, but then most of the time I can't wait until I get to the point where I get to control what gets covered.

No comments: